Let’s see bootloader concept quickly first. You should know that…
When you turn ON your mobile device, it can’t directly start loading android system. It needs to be woken up step by step. E.g. First it checks if the device hardware is working fine or not, then starts loading something called as kernel etc etc.
So one the section in this waking up process is “Bootloader”. There are other sections, partitions too such as Recovery, Data, System etc.
These bootloaders now a days, for security reasons, come locked by OEM so that they can’t be modified without permission. and thats wat we need to unlock in order to allow us to install recovery into our phone or to install custom ROM.
There are few tings you need to consider before you think of Unlocking bootloader.
- Unlocking bootloader of your phone might void your device warranty. Check out OEM terms and conditions.
- Unlocking bootloader isn’t illegal but you might void your warranty.
- Unlocking bootloader is completely safe.
With that said, let’s go with the steps to unlock bootloader of any android device.
How to unlock bootloader of Any locked device:
- Search for “Unlock bootloader <OEM name>” , select first result. I mean one which is published by OEM.
- Go to Settings –> Developer options on your android. If you don’t see developer options then go to About phone and click on Build number 7 times. Come back to settings, you should have it now.
- Turn on “Android debugging” or “USB debugging” option.
- Download ADB-FASTBOOT drivers from here.
- Connect your phone to PC and execute commands given on the webpage you opened in step 1
- As per the method, you should get an email with unlock code. Use further instructions on same webpage and unlock the bootloader.
Now I understand that I took this pretty straight forward but unlocking bootloader is little different for different OEMS. So can’t publish the universal method.
Let me know your difficulties and FAQ in the comment section below. Feel free to mail me your detailed problems at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can start discussing at FAQ section “FAQ“.
Have a good day :-). Peace !!!